Friday, March 17, 2023

☘️ IRISH you Say ☘️

 

Saint Patrick

"Patrick was a humble, pious, gentle man, whose love and total devotion to and trust in God should be a shining example to each of us. So complete was his trust in God, and of the importance of his mission, he feared nothing -not even death. "The Breastplate," Patrick's poem of faith and trust in God: "Christ be within me, Christ behind me, Christ before me, Christ beside me, Christ to win me, Christ to comfort and restore me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ inquired, Christ in danger, Christ in hearts of all that love me, Christ in mouth of friend and stranger."

Site Reference: Catholic on Line

~~~

Celebrating with the Irish
Site Ref: English Portal

Now let's go deeper and understand why 

celebrate with the Irish... 

"Saint Patrick is one of the MOST FAMOUS Christian saints, commonly associated with shamrocks and credited with ridding Ireland of snakes, but what do we know about Saint Patrick really? This St Patrick documentary from History Calling will go back to the original sources, written by the man himself, to separate fact from fiction and answer the question, what was the real St Patrick like? If you’ve ever wondered was St Patrick Irish, what was the deal with St Patrick and the shamrock, or why 
Saint Patrick’s day is on 17 March."

"Patrick was a humble, pious, gentle man, whose love and total devotion to and trust in God should be a shining example to each of us. So complete was his trust in God, and of the importance of his mission, he feared nothing -not even death." "The Breastplate," Patrick's poem of faith and trust in God: "Christ be within me, Christ behind me, Christ before me, Christ beside me, Christ to win me, Christ to comfort and restore me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ inquired, Christ in danger, Christ in hearts of all that love me, Christ in mouth of friend and stranger."
Site Ref: Catholic Online others unknown

☘️ IRISH you Say ☘️

Enjoy this one day of the year where all come together to celebrate 

Our Dear Saint Patrick and the Irish Traditions... 

Many blessings... Paige St. James


No comments:

Post a Comment

Meditation & Reflection for HOLY WEEK on the 7 Sorrows of Mother Mary

“Meditation/Reflection on the seven sorrows of Mary” Introduction: Make a sign of the cross...  In The Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spir...