Sunday, August 1, 2021

Angels and St. Ignatius, & prayers



"The Angels, how they have endured me, 
and looked after me, and prayed for me!"

St. Ignatius of Loyola, 
Spiritual Exercises 60


PRAYING WITH ART from Path Ways to God.. 
"In the Spiritual Exercises, St Ignatius gives us the idea of meeting sacred scripture with one's own life, mediated through Imaginative Contemplation. The aim of these reflections is to do this in tandem with pieces of art. We offer a painting in collaboration with Geoff Wheaton SJ in the hope that it will enable you to reflect more deeply on a particular passage of scripture."  

Please visit their website: Praying with Art
Site Reference: https://www.pathwaystogod.org/ 

~~~

DID YOU KNOW??? 💭

Most Religious orders profess three vows: 
Poverty Chastity and Obedience... 


The Jesuits take another 4th vow: 
Obedience to the Pope!

The vow Obedience to the Pope means:
Jesuits must be ready to accept whatever mission the Pope requires of them. 
It reflects their broader dedication to the universal Church, 
and to the greater good of all people, from all faiths and cultures.


Site Reference: Jesuits Canada
~~~

St. Ignatius also encourages us to use The Anima Christi 
in his Spiritual Exercises...

The Anima Christi 

Soul of Christ, sanctify me.
Body of Christ, save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me. 
Water from the side of Christ, wash me. 
Passion of Christ, strengthen me. 
O good Jesus, hear me.
Within Thy wounds hide me. 
Separated from Thee let me never be. 
From the malignant enemy, defend me. 
At the hour of death, call me. 
And close to Thee bid me. 
That with Thy saints I may be Praising Thee, forever and ever. 
Amen.

Site Reference: https://hozana.org/

~~~

Personal Note: I have grown very fond of Fr. Henk van Meijel, sj over the past year... Like many, I found myself housebound viewing Mass via YouTube.
We were fortunate to have the Daily TV Mass provided to us this way.

Fr. Henk van Meijel always made us feel welcomed and special, with his deep spirituality and many blessings bestowed upon us watching. Sincerely, Thank You Fr. Henk... 


Please Listen to the Mass via Sunday Catholic Mass Today
Daily TV Mass, August 1, 2021 with Fr. Henk van Meijel, sj

A Prayer of St. Ignatius...  Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding and my entire will, all I have and call my own. You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it. Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace. That is enough for me. Amen 

Site Reference: https://jesuits.ca/

~~~

I'm sharing with you today, my deep connection with the Jesuits.

"Plant a seed and it grows... 
Yes, and I grew, and now I'm a tree...
My Tree is large and has many branches... 
It even bears much fruit. 

This Blog is one of the Fruits - 
I am thankful for, and that I am able to give back to Thee."  

Paige St. James

~~~






No comments:

Post a Comment

Meditation & Reflection for HOLY WEEK on the 7 Sorrows of Mother Mary

“Meditation/Reflection on the seven sorrows of Mary” Introduction: Make a sign of the cross...  In The Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spir...